What are Connect Groups?
What are Connect Groups? Connect Groups are small groups of people (7-14 in number) who meet weekly in homes for the purpose of discussing the Bible passage from Sunday's sermon, praying for one another and building strong Christ centered relationships.
Why do they exist? We view our Connect Groups as a means of providing the congregation an opportunity to shepherd and disciple one another. They are not designed to be support or counseling groups, and they are not pure study groups. Rather, they are intended to cultivate spiritual friendships together, a fellowship informed by Scripture and pursued through prayer, study and sermon-based discussions.
What are they like? They're all different! Because every person is different, every group will have a different culture and environment to learn and grow in. The one constant for each group is the goal of providing an environment to grow in personal discipleship with a small community of like minded believers.
When do they meet? They all meet on different nights. We currently have 5 different groups that are listed below with the group leaders.
- Kyle Edwards (hosted by David & Carla Dubuc) - Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
- Mike Riddle/Chris Barringer - Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Wayne Schlabach (hosted by Bruce & Jennifer MacInnes) - Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
- Kay Patterson (**Ladies only**) - Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
- Tom & Wendy Bottoms - Tuesdays at 7 p.m.